Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fate

Once again I couldn't find a cover picture of this book. This is the sequel to "Tattoo" by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. In this installment we find Bailey and her friends two years after their last adventure (I won't say what in case you haven't read it yet...I hate it when reviewers do that). Now seniors in high school they are facing lots of changes...some of them are dealing well with that and some not so well.

Bailey meets the rest of the Sidhe, a powerful ancient race who are as beautiful as they are deadly, and they stop at nothing to get what they want. Before she knows it Bailey is drawn into an Otherworldly web more compilcated than anything she weaves as a mortal Fate. Senior year is a time of choices, a time for temptation, a time for Bailey to figure out once and for all who she is and who she wants to be. But she may have no choice at all in that matter.

Once again the story is a great idea, but there was a lot of nothingness for me in the middle of the book. I felt like we could've gotten to the end of the conflict if we hadn't wasted so much time on more mundane things (where they were going to eat, the whole geek chic bit). Sometimes I wanted to smack Bailey and make her see that the answer was so dang obvious...even she couln't miss it! I like that the gang was all there again, but was a bit put out that Bailey questioned the strength of their friendship. I do have to say that the end was awesome! I won't tell you...but I really liked it!

I gave this book 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment