Monday, November 1, 2010

The Clockwork Angel


I have been waiting FOREVER for this book it seems like. This is the highly anticipated prequel to "The Mortal Instruements" series by Cassandra Clare. All I can say is beware of spoilers in this review...I may not be able to contain myself!

In this book we meet Tessa Gray who has left America in search of her brother somewhere in London. When he fails to meet her at the docks but instead "sends" the Dark Sisters, Tessa knows something isn't quite right. Suddenly Tessa finds herself thrust into a world of Downworlders only to find that she herself is one as well. She has the rare ablilty to transform herself into another person at will. What's more the Magistar, a shadowy figure will stop at nothing to gain her power for himself.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to help her is she will use her powers to help them. Soon she finds herself fascinated and torn by two men who just happen to be friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret and Will whose blue eyes are striking, but his volatile moods keep everyone but Tessa away. As they are drawn deeper into the heart of a horrible plan that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes she may have to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world. That may be the most dangerous magic of all.

I LOVED this book! I do have to admit that it took me a few chapters to get into it, but once it clicked it was all I could do to put it down! I loved the characters! Tess is strong and yet so feminine too. It was fun to see how the openness of the Shadowhunters and their way of life was so against her upbringing! Will is most definitly the great grandfather to Jace Herondale (swoon)! So moody and onry and just when I think he will open up and share...he shuts up and becomes arogant and rude again! Definite gene passed on there! There is something about him that I haven't yet figured out...I think it could be something sinister...I guess only time will tell! Jem, aka, James...I liked him...but I can't picture Tessa with him at all! He is so kind and fragile and...well all around nice guy, but I just don't see it!

This book left me wanting more...of course! There were a few things that bugged me though...1-I really wanted to know what the deal with the Clockowrk Angel was...I really have to wait to find out? Maybe it was really obvious and I just didn't see it! 2- Her brother...not gonna say why because it is a total spoiler but let me say this "REALLY?" 3- Humans can't just disappear...not unless they know some pretty hard core magic or something...just sayin'! There were other things, but alas I can't remember them all!

I know a book is good when I go to bed and dream about it several nights in a row! I give this book 5 stars! Now we just have to wait until...January (I think) for "City of Fallen Angels"...maybe we will get more answers...I know we'll get A LOT more Jace....WAHOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment