Monday, May 9, 2011

Desires of the Dead





I have to admit that when I picked up the first book of the Body Finders I wasn't sure what to expect, however after reading three, I can say officially that I am hooked! The concept can be a bit creepy...a young girl who can find dead bodies...but the way Violet uses her uncanny ability is amazing! I LOVE reading about Violet!



In this book Violet may have just tipped off the FBI to her uncanny ability, and that may or may not be a good thing. She thought that by making an annonymous phone call she would be okay...buy was she wrong! Now she has Sara Priest wanting to talk to her, and things between her and Jay have gotten weird. She still loves him, but with so many secrets she is keeping, she finds him spending more and more time with his new friend Mike. That wouldn't be so bad, but Violet thinks that Mike's sister Megan could be stalking her, and she doesn't know why! All during this Violet keeps wondering why her ability has to be a secret, and besides Jay and her family who would she trust enough to tell.



As always her ability leads her into trouble, but lucky for her someone with their own ability may just save her and her friends lives!



I really like these books! There is always an interesting story and you can't help but feel bad and yet stand in awe of Violet! There were times when I wanted to slap her hard, but come on...as a woman...haven't we all just wallowed in self pity? Derting's characters are strong and yet there is something so vulnerable about them. The world that she has created within our own world is amazing!



I gave this book 4 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment