Monday, May 23, 2011

Nightshade





It seems as if werewolves are the new vampires when it come to books...not that I am complaining! Nightshade by Andrea Cremer is about Calla who is an Alpha wolf in the Nightshade Pack, is suddenly thrown into a world she only thought she knew!


When Calla saves a young man from a bear attack...which is against the rules...little does she know what kind of reprecussions await her! In just a few short weeks she and Ren (the Alpha from the Bane pack) will be united and start their own pack. There is definatly something there between her and Ren...every time his near she about melts, but she can't stop thinking about the boy she saved. She knows how and where her life will lead her, and she accepts that...until Shay walks into her homeroom.


Little did she know that Shay was the one she saved, not only that his uncle is one of the most powerful Keepers...ever. Suddenly Calla finds herself taking risks and making choices that she knows she shouldn't. Along the way she also finds herself falling in love with Shay. When she and Shay uncover terrible truths about the packs, the keepers, and the searchers, can Calla willingly go into the union with Ren, or will she follow her heart and follow Shay?



I have to say I really liked this book...and yet I didn't! I think I got tired of Calla wanting Shay when she was with him, and then wanting Ren the same way. I know that there are always love triangles...but this one really bugged me for some reason! I liked Calla! I think she was very strong, but she lost some of that strength that as an alpha she posessed when she followed Shay all the time! She let him lead her into so many things, that truthfully I don't think she would have! Shay was okay...I found him whiney and needy...not something I like in a strong male character. Ren on the other hand...sigh...he is what I love in strong male characters! I wanted to slap Calla so many times at her blindeness! Ren loves her so much and yet...she is totally oblivious to it...AUGH!!! WAKE UP CALLA!!!


The ending was a bit predictable...that being said I can't wait to read the next one! I am anxious to find out what happens to the rest of the packs, and of course Calla, Shay and Ren!


I gave this book 3 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment