Monday, May 16, 2011

Chime




I would be lying if I said I didn't have a hard time with this book...at first! I wanted to love it right away because so many people have...and yet I found myself not really wanting to read it after about 50 pages...however I am not a quitter...boy am I glad I didn't quit! This was a really good book. Franny Billingsley had a very interesting concept for this story!



Briony is a young woman who thinks she cannot be loved because of all things...she is a witch! In the Swampsea, witches get hanged, so Briony keeps it a secret, but then Eldric moves not only to town, but into her home, and she finds herself feeling things any good witch shouldn't! Briony knows that all the bad things that have happened to her family are her fault...even Eldric doesn't.



The hardest part of this book for me was the language of some of the characters. I had hard time trying to deciphor what they were saying. Not only that, but I had a hard time with Briony's self loathing...it got old after awhile! I know that it was needed for the story, but I didn't have to like it! The ending of the book was far from predictable, which was thoroughly enjoyable for me! I really liked Briony and Eldric's relationship. He refused to back down even though Briony tried not to feel anything, and yet he was always there with something. I loved how Eldric believed in her and loved her...and wasn't afraid to show real emotion...he is a real man among men!



This was a good read. I thought the story was very interesting barring a few language barriers on my part!


I give this book 3 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment