Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Summer I Turned Pretty



This is one of those sweet summer reads...I have to admit...I LOVE me some paranormal books, but these sweet little romances are getting to me!


We all have had a summer where everything changes, and this summer was no exception for Belly. Every summer she, her mother and her brother go to the beach house and spend it with Susannah, Conrad and Jeremiah and Belly looks forward to it for months! Maybe it's because she gets to see her long time crush Conrad. Maybe it's because she gets to spend time with her bud Jeremiah, whatever it is...she loves it. This summer is going to be AMAZING...Susannah told her it would be. When Belly arrives she notices for the first time ever that the boys actually might just see her as a girl...finally. Something is going on with Conrad and no one knows what, but Belly doesn't like it at all. Suddenly he starts acting like her older brother...not cool!


Something big is going on in the beach house...something besides hormones and crushes. Something that could change summers forever.


I soo LOVED this book! I loved how Han had some chapters were dedicated to Belly's memories of previous summers. I loved how being the only girl she always felt left out, and then when the time came for her to be with the in crowd she wasn't sure she wanted to be. Everyone wants a summer like this...first loves...ending of crushes...coming into yourself...WOW! This book has me wanting to rent a beach house somewhere for the summer! I can't wait to read the next two books in this series...so can't wait!


I gave this book 4 Apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment