Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hourglass

One hour to re-write the past...

For seventeen year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plauged by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparations to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.

So when her well meaning brohter brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emeron's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Micheal Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.

Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he is around? ANd why is he so insistant that he needs her to prevent a death that should have never happened?

Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult series.

This book was a pleasant surprise! It was one of the best time travel stories that I have read in a long time. I was hooked from the time I started reading until I put it down and even then the story kept lingering in my mind!

What is not to love about Emerson? She is a fighter for sure! Her life has been anything but fair, losing her parents and having been commited to an institution is just part of it. Then along comes Micheal who tells her she is not crazy, but special. The chemistry between Micheal and Emerson is sizzling...literally! Emerson has a way of saying all the wrong things, in front of and about Micheal...thank heavens for her "edit button" (wish I had one)!

I enjoyed some of the secondary characters as well. Kaleb is a sweet boy who you can't help but cheer for! I can't wait to read the next book in this series...it is one of those that I borrowed from the library, but I will definatly be buying for my own personal library!


I gave this book 5 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment