Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wolfsbane

From the jacket cover:
When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certian her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer - one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack - and the man - she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must figure out whcih battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

I am so in love with this story! I got hooked in Nightshade and have become fully submerged in Wolfsbane! Andrea Cremer has woven a story that is enticing, gripping, and compeling!

Calla finds herself in more than one battle in this book. She is battling her feelings for Ren and Shay, whether or not to team up with her enemies, and just what all that might mean to her and her pack...if she can save them. As an Alpha, you expect to see Calla constantly in control and knowing exactly what she should do and what she wants to do...not so much in this book. It was refreshing to see her softer more sensitive side. Shay still kind of bugs me...he is not bad...but he is still pushy! I felt like he was constantly trying to force Calla to choose between him and Ren...even if that wasn't what he was trying to do. I missed Ren in this book!And when Calla unknowingly makes her choice for her mate...I felt the betrayed for the other...in a BIG way!

There was lots of great forshadowing in this book. There were moments where I wondered one thing, and then convinced myself I was wrong....only to find out...I was RIGHT! The secrets that are revealed will leave you breathless! I loved hearing the story of how the Gaurduans, Keepers and Searchers all came to be...I even felt the loss of Calla of knowing that everything she had ever been told about her life was a lie. Slome readers felt like this was too slow for the book...I personally thought it was great, and it was something that plagued me since Nightshade so I enjoyed it immensly!

Of course Cremer couldn't leave us without a cliffhanger and she is one of the best at those! It left me wanting Bloodrose, the final book in the trilogy RIGHT NOW! Unfortunatly like all good things, we have to wait until next year...sigh!


I gave this book 5 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment