Thursday, August 25, 2011

Halo

From the jacket cover:
Three angels - Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human - are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkenss. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.

Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and nether of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy to everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems to strong.

The angels' mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her.

I wanted so badly to love this book...and I didn't! There were so many flaws that it is hard to figure out where to start! The story is not new...not by a long shot...boy and girl fall in love only one of them happens to not be of this world...but it could have some potential. The characters are hard to love let alone like. The only two I found endearing were Xavier and Molly...the others were cold and stilted...not what I would think of when I think of angels! Bethany was sent to fulfill a mission, and yet I found her to be the epitomy of a crushing teen girl...clinging and insipid, and acting stupid! I really wanted to like her...really I did!

I would never have thought there was a time where I would say there was too much description...but alas it has happend. Some of the descirptions of Heaven and angels were not needed (seriously they were PAGES long), and I felt like they took away from the story. It didn't help it flow...at all!

I can normally read a 400+ book in two or three days...it took me a week to read this one (and yes I nearly quit...but I am not a quitter). It is very slow going! The last 80 pages where there was finally some action...not the greatest! This is where more description would have been favorable. I felt jilted out of the battle a bit.

I read the synopsis for Hades (the next book in the series) and that was what got me initially wanting to read this one. I will read Hades...I do want to see what happened, but I am just saying that if it is as slow as Halo, I will more than likely not finish it or the series...sad I know!


I gave this book 2 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment