Friday, September 9, 2011

Bloodlines

From the front cover:
Sydney's blood is special. That's because she's an alchemist-one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets-and human lives. But the last encounter Sydney had with vampires got her in deep trouble with the other alchemists. And now with her allegiances in question, her future is on the line.

When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated allegiance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir-the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir-is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. TO avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector posing as her roommate in the most unlikeliest of places: a human boarding school in Palm Springs California. The last thing Sydney wants is to be accused of sympathizing with vampires. And now she has to live with one.

The Moroi court believe that Jill and Sydney will be safe at Amberwood Prep, but threats, distractions, and forbidden romance lurk both outside-and within-the school grounds. Now that they're in hiding, the drama is only beginning.

Okay, I am warning you now that I am going to be such a girl and gush about this book! I loved Vampire Academy....so, so much and couldn't wait for this next series to come out...and then I read the reviews! There weren't that many positive reviews on Bloodlines (sadly)...I am here to dispute that!

I LOVED this book! I have to admit that when Sydney first made an appearance in the VA books, she was a little know-it-all, and annoying, but by the end she really grew on me. So I was excited to see that this book was from her point of view (not as excited as I was when it was going to be from Adrian's POV...sigh...but excited). I wasn't disappointed! I LOVE Sydney! She is snarky, smart, cute, independant, I could go on and on, and on! I felt for her as we got to know more about her home life and her dad (jerk), and how truly isolated she had been...even if she has been all over the world traveling. Jill reminds me of Lissa...just a little bit. But where Lissa was so dependant on Rose, Jill is determined to be self sufficient. And Adrain...how can you NOT love him?!? My heart was broken in pieces for him at the end of the VA series, and I was glad to see that he kept his word...he and Rose are not friends...at least not at the moment. Adrian has gone through a lot and it was nice to see the changes (both good and bad) that he has gone through. Sometimes it's hard to think that he is only 21...he seems so much older sometimes! I love Dmitri...but I have to say Adrian really stole my heart in this book!

There was some really nice surprises...like seeing Rose at the first of the book. I missed her throughout the book, but Sydney can really hold her own as a heroine...at least in my opinion anyway. I wish I had half the smarts, that she does, and I wished I followed my instincts like she did! Who would have thought that she would have cracked several things wide open, and save the day in more ways than one? The ending...how can I share the ending with out spoiling it?

WARNING:SPOILER AHEAD!!!

I CAN'T!!! So...here is the ending line of the book and tell me you could keep it secret:

"Dmitri Belikov had arrived."

To say I am excited and stunned is an understatement! Oh, I soooo can't wait for the next book! There are going to be definate fireworks with Adrian and Dmitri together...and we only have to wait until June 19, 2012...YIKES!!! This is a MUST READ!!


I gave this book 5 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment