Friday, September 9, 2011

Undercurrent

From the front cover:
Nothing has been normal since Vanessa Sands learned that her sister was murdered by Sirens-femme fatales of the watery depths-and that everything she believed about her family was a lie.

Her boyfriend Simon's been the only person Vanessa feels she can really trust. But now there are some secrets she can't tell even him. And when Vanessa finds herself in the sights of Parker. Hawthorne Prep's resident charmer, she needs someone to confide in now more than ever. Doubting her relationship with Simon, unsure of Parker's intentions-and of her own-and terrified by what she's learned about herself, Vanessa has never felt so alone.

But personal problems must be put aside, because the Winter Harbor sirens are back for revenge. Now, Vanessa must face her past and accept that she is just like her enemies-every bit as alluring, every bit as dangerous.

I have to admit that I liked Siren a whole lot more than Undercurrent...but I still liked it. This book was more melancholy than Siren...Vanessa is still dealing with the loss of her sister, and coming to terms with the fact that she is a siren. And due to that new little tidbit of information, she starts doubting Simon's love for her. Here is where I get a little irritated! How hard is it to write characters who are firm in who they are? Simon is...and it urked me that Vanessa couldn't see that! If he knew she was a siren...he would have dealt with that and still loved her! Instead, Vanessa breaks up with him, and then has a series of "unfortunate" events with Parker. With the Winter Harbor sirens out for revenge...you'd think she would be more careful...you never know who Simon might turn to. One of the most amazing and poingent parts in the book is this:

"I feel differently." His hands, still holding mine, trembled. "That's how I know it was real. Because if it wasn't, your powers would have fixed everything already. I would've forgotten what you did even before I had forgiven you." He paused, took a shallow, shaky breath. "I'd love you now as much as I did before."

Talk about heart wrenching! Part of me wants to feel bad for Vanessa, and the other part thinks she got what she deserved. I am insterested to see what will happen in the next book. With no Simon and other things, it may be boring! Don't get me wrong this was a good book! I am glad that Vanessa finally got the answers she deserved about her life, and everything....I just hate that Simon got hurt in the process...and then...what about Parker? Only time will tell I guess!


I gave this book 4 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment