Saturday, September 18, 2010

The City of Bones

One of my most favorite books by far! This was the first book I read after Eclipse...I was looking for something to fill the void and boy did I get it! I must confess that I have read it several times and I have LOVED it as much each time as I did the first. This is a definate Science Fiction book...but it is worth the read!

Clary is a 15 year old girl who witnesses a murder by three teens who are covered in strange tatoos and use strange weapons as well. Before she has a chance to call the police the body mysteriously disappears, and no one else even saw or heard the murder take place. The teens who are known as the Shadowhunters are equally puzzled as to why Clary can see them. They explain that their mission in life is to rid the earth of demons. In a few short hours Clary's mom disappears and Clary has the fight of her life against a demon. Why would demons be interested in two mundanes like Clary and her mother, and how did Clary suddenly get the sight....everyone would like to know!

Mixed in with all the chaos of demon hunting is romance, friendship, jealousy and an ending that will leave you wondering what in the world just happened...that and there is no way that could ever be true! You will love and hate characters at the same time, and I can promise that Jace will make your heart race! This is the first book in the trilogy and they just keep getting better!

Just because it is science fiction...DON'T WRITE IT OFF! I give this book 5 stars! I promise you will LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog, perfect for you! I enjoyed this series and the Hunger Games series too. I'll have to check out some of the others on here that are your fav's!

    ReplyDelete