Friday, September 24, 2010

The Dead-Tossed Waves

This book is a companion to "The Forest of Hands and Teeth". I was anxious to read this book, and it more than lived up to my expectiations. In this book we meet Gabry (short for Gabrielle) who is more than content to live in her lighthouse on the sea and safely behind the Barriers. Life after the Return is never safe, and there are threats that even the Barriers can't keep out, and Gabry's life starts to unravel. One night beyond the Barriers, two boys...one she has known forever and one who is veiled in mystery. One reckless moment and lives are changed forever. Gabry only knows one thing, that if she is to have any hope of a future, she must face the forest of her mother's past.

I really loved this book! Every time I thought I had something figured out, I'd find out just how wrong I was! Gabry is an amazing character and I love how she grows from a girl who is scared to break the rules to a girl who is strong enough to break all the rules. She is also lucky enough to have two amazing guys to choose from...and trust me it is a hard decision! Catcher and Elias both have amazing strength physically and emotionally and a fierce determination to keep Gabry safe no matter what the cost. Once again we find ourselves wandering the path looking for safety, if there is any to be found. I loved the strength of the characters of this book, and it was nice to revisit some of the characters from "The Forest of Hands and Teeth". One line I really LOVED was this: "We will always survive. There is always hope."

As I read through this book I was able to draw many parallels. One the path is similar to the path that we call LIFE...we never know what dangers may lurk ahead or where the path may take us, but it is up to us to choose which way to go. We have to have faith in ourselves and trust in those around us and it will all be okay. Two the Barriers are similar to the barriers that we give ourselves...the things that stop us from being the best we can be...from trying new things, meeting new people...you name it. There were many more parallels I could name, but this is getting a bit long winded, and your probably getting bored!

I give this book 5 stars...it was AMAZING! I enjoyed this book a lot more then the first book...but I liked it too. I would recommend buying it and I know it will find itself to my personal library shortly! I can't wait to read the next book...I have to wait almost a year, but I can promise that it will be worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment