Friday, September 24, 2010

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

I got this book as a recommendation from a friend and I was excited to read it and then I started to read it. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be...at all! I like Science Fiction and Fantasy, but this was a bit out os my comfort zone...or so I thought. Please be gracious in reading this review because I read it awhile ago and am going on memory! Mary is a young girl who has grown up in a village thinking that she and everyone that lives in that village are the only survivors of the Return. Mary isn't satisfied thinking that there is nothing more than the village and longs to find the ocean that her mother has told her stories about. Life changes when her mom wanders too close to the fence and is infected by the inconsecrated...basically they are zombies...people who were infected that died and come back and the living dead. They don't necessarily want to devour human flesh...they just want to infect them.

After a breach in the fence by the unconsecrated Mary, her bethrothed Harry, his brother and his bethrothed Cass,Mary's brother and his wife, and a little boy named Jacob make a run down the paths that they were always told were forbidden and lead no where. ..they soon find out differently. Mary has always believed there was more out there...will she find it? How many survive the adventure and how many become infected or die? This is a thrilling read, but not recommended if zombies give you the qeausy...trust me though you'll get over it soon. There is no gore or anything like that to worry about...trust me I don't do that at all!

I give this 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment