Monday, April 4, 2011

The Dead Girl's Dance by Rachel Caine

Claire Danvers has had her share of challenges - like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains, dealing with the homicidal girls in her dorm, and above all. finding out that her college town is overrun with vampires. On the upside, she has a great roommate (who tends to disappear at sunup) and a new boyfriend, Shane...whose vampire hunting dad has called in back-up: cycle punks who like the idea of killing just about anything. Now a fraterinty is throwing it's annual Dead Girl's Dance and - surprise!- Claire and her equally outcast best friend Eve, have been invited. When they find out why, all hell is going to break loose. Because this time both the living and the dead are coming out - and everbody's hungry for blood. I sooooo LOVE these books! Have I said that already? I really, really do! I was so happy at the end of Glass House's when Shane and Claire got together...let me just wipe the drool from my chin...I think they are an amazing couple! I love Claire! There are so many things about her that I wish I could take into myself....she has no fear (well if she does, she hides it pretty well)...she is soo stinkin' smart...she is cute....she has a HOT boyfriend (okay...I have a HOT hubby so I guess I can't count that)...she is an amazing friend! In this installment of The Morganville Vampire series, Claire has settled into the Glass House, and of course they fond themselves in a heated battle. Shane's dad is in town...kidnapping people...trying to destroy the vamps he hates so bad. Well the vamps can play that game too...who better to take then...SHANE (say it ain't so?!?!)...and not to mention Eve's creepy brother is now out of jail and stalking her and Claire. What else could go wrong? Well, let me just say it's Morganville...if nothing goes wrong...then something is definatly wrong! At the end Claire makes a decision that may just cost her life, but in turn will save those she loves.... I must say that I am sooooo TEAM SHANE! I love Michael too...but something about bad boy Shane just gets to me :)! Whose team are you on? I hope you will let these books sink their teeth into you (yes pun intended)! I keep thinking the lovely and talented Ms. Caine will surely run out of ideas...and then BAM! She proves that her imagination is full of storylines yet to be written...THANK HEAVENS!!!
I gave this book 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment