Monday, April 4, 2011

Heavenly, Penitence, and Absolution by Jennifer Laurens

I met someone.

Matthias.

My autistis sisters gaurdian angel.

Honest, inspiring, and funny.

HOT.

And immortal.

That was the problem.

What could I do?

I did what any other girl would do - I fell in love with him.



This is a trilogy about your average American teenaged girl named Zoe. Well maybe not so avcerage...Zoe likes to party and hook up with hot guys...and oh ya...she see's dead people. Actually Zoe has an incredible gift of being able to see spirits...good and bad...and Gaurdian Angels. When her sister runs away from her for the millionth time, Matthias comes to rescue and Zoe's world is forever changed. When she is finally convinced that Matthias is legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.




I am reviewing these books together because the story moves seamlessly from one book to the other. Throughout this trilogy Zoe is faced with many crazy, scary, horrific and happy events, and always by her side is Matthias. What happens though when she starts to have feelings for a human boy, and her ex-best friends ex-boyfriend? CAn she love two people at once? Can Weston love her depsite the fact that she can see spirits. Life throws Zoe many curve balls...a life threatening accident, the loss of her friend, the gates of Hell literally gaping after her, and yet through it all her faith in herself, Weston, and of course Matthias stays strong.



I liked these books. I thought the story was great...there were just a few things that kept buggung me. One...Matthias keeps telling Zoe that she is mortal and needs to live her life and have her exoeriences, and yet he seems to always be there trying to stop her. Two...Matthias keeps telling Zoe that they will be together someday...and then the series ends...WHAT!?!? Will we ever find out that they are together or were we simply to imply that we knew they were? I like Matthias...don't get me wrong, but I REALLY want to see Zoe and Weston together...forever. Like I said I liked these books...not my faves, but they are a good read!



I gave these books 3 Stars!


I

No comments:

Post a Comment