Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Haven by Kristi Cook

Violet doesn't understand why she feels drawn to the Winterhaven School. She just knows it's the right place for her. When she discovers the school's secret, it all makes sense: Everyone at Winterhaven has psychic gifts. For the first time in her life, Violet doesn't have to hide her visions. She's always seen them as a curse, but now she can hone her ability and try to control it.

But she's thrown completely off balance when she meets the most alluring - and most mysterious- boy in school. She's never connected with anyone the way she does with Aidan, and the intensity takes them both by surprise. But as their relationship deepens, she begins to have visions of Aidan's death - and see's that she is the one fated to kill him.

Violet has never been able to prevent her visions from coming true. But this time she'll do whatever it takes...even if it means sacrificing herself for the boy she loves.

I'm not sure how to feel about this book...I liked it, but at points I felt like I was reading Twilight with new character names! That being said, I am sure it is hard to come up with new and inventive vampire stories that no one has read. There were some twists, but more at the end then anywhere else. I thought the author could have done better with her foreshadowing...it was just really obvious (to me at least), what Aidan was...even before we knew. The love story was very Edward/Bella-esque...I want him/her but I can't...Stay away from me...I'm a monster... I will say that the ending was AMAZING!! It was the best part of the book by far. I think Kristi Cook has a great idea for this series, and I can't wait to see what happens with Violet, Aidan and the rest of the gang at Winterhaven...I just hope the rest are more original and less Twilighty!


I give this book 3.5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment