Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

I really wish I could find a picture of the book cover...it is really, really cool! The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing this summer was trying to break a 300 year old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that's not exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spell-binding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever. This book was breathtaking! Colleen Houck did a tremendous job in giving so many details, without them the book would not be what it is! As someone who one day wants to tour the world, I felt like I have already been to India and seen some amazing sights! Not only that but I was able to feel every thought, emotion, and desire of the characters! I had a hard time getting into it...but then I couldn't put it down! The characters are so vividly written that you feel like they are in the room with you, and I swear I felt like I could feel Ren's fur... Kelsey has had a hard life, but where some teens may let it make them bitter, she hasn't. When she gets a temporary job to help with a circus with it's tiger, she's a little apprehensive, but it turns her life upside down. She finds that she has a certian pull to the tiger Dhiren, whom she affectionatly nicknames Ren, and who it seems has a pull to her as well. When she is offered a chance of a lifetime to accompany Ren to his homeland of India how can she refuse? Well there is more to Ren than meets the eye. Can she let herself feel for the man Ren is, what she feels for Ren the tiger? Will she push him away and deny herself a chance at love because of her own insecurities? I could tell you...but then you wouldn't read the book! I will say that I wish I had a box of kleenex with me at the end. It was heart wrenching! I cannot WAIT until June for the next installment of this saga! This is one book that I will definatly be adding to my personal library...you should too!
I gave this book 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment