Saturday, February 18, 2012

Every Other Day

Every second day Kali D'Angelo is a normal sixteen year old girl. She goes to high school. She attends pep rallies (reluctantly). She's human.

And every other day...she's not.

Though she is not sure what she is on those days, Kali knows what she does - she hunts, traps, and kills demons, hellhounds, and other supernatural creatures that threaten her world. On those days, she is practically indestructible.

But when Kali notices a mark on a popular girl at school, she knows instantly that the girl is marked for death by one of those unwordly beings. And she knows she has only twenty-four hours to save her.

There is only one problem - it's the wrong twenty-four hours.

I loved Barnes' Raised by Wolves books, didn't really care for her Tatoo series, but none the less I was excited to read this book. Sadly I was not that impressed with this book. The story is good, the characters are great, but it just felt like there was something missing. I kind of felt like it was a cross between the Host, Sweet Venom, and a little of the MI series.

Kali is an extremely likable character, and she shows a lot of promise, but again something just felt off. There was a part of the book too that I didn't really see as necessary at all...in fact...it broke my heart!

I do want to see what happens next to Kali and Zev and the rest of the kids...and monsters...but I may not be in a huge hurry to read it!


I gave this book 3 apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment