Saturday, February 18, 2012

Immortal Beloved and Darkness Falls




It feels goog to be back! And I am excited to review these two books for you guys! I have to apologize that I read Immortal Beloved last fall I think so my memories of it may not be too good!


Cate Tiernan takes us to a world where there are some who have lived for hundreds of years, done horrible things, and are now trying to be someone more, different, better. In Immortal Beloved we meet Nasty...aka Nastasya, who has been alive for over 400 years. After a dark incident involving her best friend Incy and an innocent taxi driver, Nasty flees London. Never would she have expected to find herself at River's Edge, a rehab if you will for wayward Immortals. At first Nasty does everything in her power to be obnoxious, but soon finds that she is learning things she never knew about being an immortal. THen there is Reyn, brooding, handsome, stand offish Reyn. Little does Nasty know that she and Reyn share a dark past, something that could indefinitly destroy what little friendship the have, and make Nasty question her very existance.


I gave Immortal Beloved 4 apples!


Now onto Darkness Falls:


After 450 years of living, Nastasya Crowe should have more of a handle on the whole immortal thing. Last fall, she sought refuge at River's Edge, where she and other immortals hoped to make peace with their torturous pasts. Instead, she found she wasn't really safe anywhere, even with the gorgeous, golden Reyn - who will be either the death of her or her very last hope for love.


Now it's winter, and Nastasya is at a breaking point. She can't do anything right, everything is pointless, and why is she even trying? Her family's heritage of darkness is inescapable! Reyn's mind blowing kisses only add to the pressure.


But when Nastasya recklessly changes course, she finds herself in a much darker, more dangerous, and soul-destroying situation than she ever could have imagined. Desire, death, and heartbreaking truths are revealed in book two of Cate Tiernan's captivating Immortal Beloved trilogy.


It seems lately that more and more second books in trilogy's aren't living up to their expectations...well this book proved that there can be a great second book! I LOVED this book just as much as I loved the first book! I was scared to see where Nasty would be after the revelations that happened at the end of Immortal Beloved, but I was glad to see that she was still at River's Edge trudging along. Nasty learns so much about herself in this book! Not only does she learn more about her family's dark past, but we learned about some of things that led Nasty to where she is today. I love that Cate writes Nasty just like we were talking to her! I love how all the characters feel so real! I was so impressed that I felt all of Nasty's regrets, frustration and fears, her longings and self loathing. This series is so captivating! I can't wait to see what happens in the final installment! Oh ya...there was plenty of viking golden boy Reyn in this book too...so YAY!



I gave this book 4 apples!


No comments:

Post a Comment