Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hallowed



For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is straightforward as she thought.


Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertian, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.



At the end of Unearthly, Clara decides to save Tucker instead of Christian, leaving her purpose unfulfilled. Now despite the fact that they are both alive and safe, Clara can't help feeling guilty, confused and lost. On top of that, she keeps having visions...of someones funeral.


There were a lot of directions that Hand could have go with Hallowed, but I never would have guessed it would have been like this! So many surprises! SO I thought Clara having not fulfilled her purpose would have made it null and void, well I don't think she is finished with her purpose yet. Clara's ever tight lipped mom finally opens up and reveals A LOT of shocking truths and some interesting angel lore.


Jeffery is mean and spiteful, but there is a surprise motivation behind it. Christian is content to just be Clara's friend, even though he is drawn to her. And even though Clara loves Tucker, she can't help but think that she and Christian are destined to be together.


I am a HUGE Tucker fan, but I have to say that Christian kind of grew on me (just a little bit). It's easy to see why Clara and Christian get along so good together...they get each other...and they are both angels. I wouldn't want to be in Clara's shoes but I have to say if I was...I would totally pick Tucker :D!


This is a book you need to read with tissues! There is so much raw emotion packed into it's 403 pages! The ending left me so sad, and yet yearning for more! I know there were many out there who didn't like this book what so ever...I however throughly enjoyed this book!


I gave this book 3.5 apples!

1 comment:

  1. I loved it! I would pick Christian.. I like Tucker but Christian totally gets Clara and is her equal in every way.

    ReplyDelete