Thursday, March 17, 2011

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

It all starts with a boy in the woods...

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she is part angel. Having angel blood run thhrough her veins not only makes her smarter, faster and stronger than a normal human, but it means she also has a purpose, something she was put on earth to do. Figuring out what that is, isn't that easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christain who turns out to the be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place - and out of place at the same time. Because there is another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less than angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unforseen dangers and choices she thought she would never have to make - between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When tge fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

I LOVED this book from the very start! I was so happy that I didn't have to wade through pages of Clara trying to figure out what she is, I was glad she already knew. I have to admit that I am TEAM TUCKER...all the way! I loved the relationship between Tucker and Clara, and watching it evolve. Maybe I will Christain will earn some feeling from me in the next book...but I think I will still LOVE Tucker :)! There were certian parts where my heart broke and I didn't want to keep reading (okay...I would have kept reading...I just wouldn't have been happy), but I did! This book just kept getting better and better. It will definatly be on my personal library shelf and soon! I am only sad that now, once again I have to wait for the next book to come out...but once again...I SO CAN'T WAIT!

I give this book 5 AMAZING stars!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I think maybe over time I could like Christian...but I don't know!?!? I REALLY like Tucker...sigh...by the way...you are my first comment EVER! Thank you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could like Christian if they keep him with Kay. They would have to make Kay nicer. :)

    I LOVE your reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on that! I want Clara with Tucker...who cares about the purpose right? Thanks for liking my reviews...still trying to get the hang of sharing my opinion about them!

    ReplyDelete