Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann

I really hate it when I can't find a picture of the book cover...oh well! The small town of Cryer's Cross is rocked by tragedy when an unassuming freshman disappears without a trace. Kendall Fletcher wasn't that friendly with the missing girl, but the angst wreaks havoc on her OCD addled brain. When a second student goes missing-someone close to Kendall's heart-the community is in an uproar. Caught in a downward spiral of fear and anxiety, Kendall's not sure if she can hold it together. When she starts hearing the voices of the missing calling out to her and pleading for help, she fears she's losing her grip on reality. But when she finds messages scratched in a desk at school-messages that could only be from the missing student who used to sit there-Kendally decides that crazy or not, she'd never forgive herself if she didn't act on her suspicions. Somethings not right in Cryer's Cross-and Kendall's about to find out just how far the townspeople will got o keep their secrets buried. This was a very intense book! It was also a quick read...I read it about 3 hours...not because it's small...it's THAT good! From the very first pages of this book I was caught. I loved Kendall...having some OCD myself I could totally understand what her life was like...crazy and yet not to her. Lisa makes you feel just like you are a part of this small town in Montana, where the soccor team consists of 1/3 of the school...until people start missing. Not only was there lots if intense moments, but there was also a budding romance between Kendall and Jacian...even if it's not something she wants at the moment (or thinks she needs). You can feel every emotion the Kendall feels...guilt...love...fear...the compulsion to do things just so...I found myself wondering when I became her! The ending of this book left me trembling in so many ways! I was scared to death for Kendall...my heart broke for Kendall and then I was sickened by what secrets the past held. Lisa McMann is an amazing story teller and she wove an amazing story in Cryer's Cross!
I give thiso book 5 Stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment