Tuesday, March 15, 2011

THese Things Hidden

I wish I could find a picture of the cover of this book for you...but no luck! This book was so breathtakingly painful, and yet stunningly beautiful at the same time! The author's name is Michelle...something german that I can't remember!
This book made me realize how much I really shouldn't judge others or make snap assessments of others lives. This book is told by four different women so you get varying points of view on the story...but it also helps in getting you crazy confused! I apologize that I can't remember all the names of the characters...it's been a while! It opens up with one of the women leaving prison...the only thing we know is that she is unsure of where she is going, that her parents don't want her anymore, and her sister will never forgive her, all she knows is she is she is going to a safe house. While at the safe house she is suddenly thrust into the face of her past...literally!
THere are so many twists and turns in this book that once you think you have it all figured out a new character starts in on her part of the story and you realize you were totally wrong!
My heart broke for all the women in this book...read it with a box of tissues...ALOT of tissues! There was so much angst and yet the ending will leave you feeling very peaceful and satisfied at how it turns out.
I give this book 4 stars! It is a definate MUST READ!!!

1 comment:

  1. I read this one Janeece, not sure how I feel about it!

    ReplyDelete