Thursday, March 24, 2011

Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid whike I'm still uncured, though so far the delira hasn't touched me yet. Still I worry. They say that in the old days, LOVE drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: it kills you both when you have it and when you don't.

This book was AMAZING! It is set in the future and would you believe that they most deadly thing on the earth at the time would be love? Seriously...it's what caused all the wars, made bullies, made everyone unhappy...so what do you do? You cure everyone of love, you pair them up with their future spouse and you tell them how many children they'll have, what they will do for a living and everything else...but what if...what if they were wrong? What if there is nothing wrong with being in love? What if without love there is nothing but nothingness? Lena is excited about her chance to have the procedure and then...the unevitable happens...she falls in love.

This is an amazing love story not unlike "Romeo and Juliet" in a lot of ways. Lena is ready to spend her life empty and emotionless and then she meets Alex...Along the way she discovers the lies that have been told, the things that have been hidden from her, and a love that she can't live without. I was breathless for most of this book...literally...not only was there romance, but there was some serious action. The ending left me breathless and heartbroken! Make sure you have tissues...I cried...ALOT!!! I can't imagine a world where there was no love, but Lauren Oliver brought it to life in a stunning and breathtaking way!

I give this book 4 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment