Monday, March 21, 2011

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hurting her, killing her.

When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries.
On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will hold the keys to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.

This was a great book. For those who have read Cassandra Clare's "The Mortal Intrsuments" trilogy (City of Bones, City of AShes, and City of Glass) and Unearthly...this is a good mix between the two! There is the good the bad and of course the ugly. I really liked Ellie, my only problem was how she just accepted the fact that she was a hunter/killer of reapers. It seemed that she was shocked for a few mintues and then over it...I guess Will being her hot gaurdian helped in that maybe ;)! I thought Will was an interesting character. You can obviously see that he loves Ellie and yet he is si stiff and for lack of a better image...he acts like he constantly has a stick up his rear! Okay...that being said...I really did like this book! The hint of a blooming romance was enough to drive me insane...JUST KISS HER ALREADY...I kpet yelling this at Will!

THere were so many twists...just when I thought maybe Ellie was really something bad...BOOM...something would happen and I would be like well...hmmm...guess not! And Will...I kept thinking that he was hiding more than he was...he very possibly still could be...but at the moment he's not.

There are some pretty violent scenes...and some that were kind of gory so beware of that. It's not my cup of tea, but it wasn't too bad. I am anxious to find out what happens in the next book...whenever that will be!

I give this book 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment