Saturday, June 18, 2011

Blood Promise

The recent Strigoi attack on St.Vladmir's has devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead, and for those who were carried away by the Strigoi, and even worse fate. But fo Rose only one victim matters...Dimitri. Rose must now choose between two very different paths. Honoring her vow to protect and defend Lissa, or hunting down the man she loves to carry out an unspoken promise. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to carry out her plan, but when the time comes will she be able to carry it out?

Away from her friends can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri, or will she sacratice herself for love?

This book in the series was so incrediably gripping! Richelle did a wonderful job of taking to Russia in pursuit of Dimitri. I felt like I was there! I fell in love with Dimitri's family and I hope to see more of them in the future. Also what the heck is up with this Abe guy? I have a suspicion...but I'll keep that to myself for now! Sydney was also a great addition to the cast of characters, and I hope to see more of her as well!

When Rose sees Dimitri for the first time as Strigoi, she did exactly what I would have done...hesitate! I could literally feel her heart in her throat as she thought of killing him! Part of me wanted Dimitri to be a "different" kind of Strigoi...the kind who could love and remember who he had been...sadly...he was all Strigoi! There for awhile I wondered if Rose would make a crazy choice, but luckily she found herself and the strong, snarky, stubborn Rose was back!


SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!

It seems as with each of these books so far there is one defining scene for me, and in this book it was the scene on the bridge. My heart broke again (I don't have much of a heart left to break at this point)! When Rose shoved the stake into Dimitri's heart and then watched him fall off the bridge...I wondered how in the world Rose and I were going to survive! Even as terrifying as he was, and knowing she had to do it...oh mylanta it was sad!

I am sooooo LOVING this series! You really must read it if you haven't yet! It is not your stereotypical vampire book...I promise!!


I gave this book 5 apples!!

No comments:

Post a Comment