Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Vampire Academy

I remember buying this book, reading the first chapter and deciding for some reason I didn't like it (maybe it was too soon after Twilight or something), so I gave it away. For a few weeks I have been hearing my friends on The Bookshelf Facebook page talking about how great this series is...so I figured I should give it another try....sooo glad I did!





There are so many vampire books out there, that trying to find something that is new and out of the ordinary (and not a Twilight knock off) can be hard to find. Now you all know that I LOVE the Morganville Vampire series...well....I think this one will come in as a close contender! I sooo fell in love with this book!





The characters in this book are amazing! Rose is a kick a** dhampir...someone born to be a "guardian" of a Moroi...a vampire by birth...not to be confused with the Strigoi...those who were turned, either a Moroi, a human or a dhampir. She is so sarcastic, fun loving, brutally honest, and a lot reckless. Lissa is a Moroi...a Princess no less. She is quiet and unsure and slowly feeling herself go crazy! She and Rose share a bond that no other Moroi and dhampir share...a bond that enables Rose to feel Lissa's emotions and sometimes slip into her head and see what she is doing.

Of course you can't have a vampire novel without hot vampire guys! Well in Vampire Academy Guardian Dimitri is hotter than any vampire...hands down! Chosen to help protect Lissa and to be Rose's trainer/mentor, he never signed on to have feelings for one of them. Then there is Christian whose parent's chose to be Strigoi...the worst thing a Moroi can ever do. He is an outcast and loner, but one of the girls might just change that, and he might change her too.

As in life there is no shortage at the Academy of revenge, hook-ups, lies, fights and power plays. As Lissa and Rose manuever through this they must also keep their secrets, keep each other safe and find out exactly what is going on! With this dream team nothing is impossible!

There were so many twists and turns in this book that when the end finally came I had NO IDEA! It was a nice change from some of the more predictable books I have read lately! I can't wait to see what other things are waiting in store for Lissa, Rose, Dimitri, and Christian...I can almost guarentee that it will not be smooth sailing!


I gave this book 4 apples!!

1 comment:

  1. I am putting all your posts into my favorites so I can read them after we move!! I can't sit down and read any books until then.... :(

    ReplyDelete