Monday, June 6, 2011

Kissed by an Angel



I don't know why photobucket won't let me get this book cover pictures on here...if anyone knows and can help me...let me know!

Anyway...this book was actually 3 books in one...which was nice. It was Kissed by an Angel, The Power of Love, and Soulmates. To me the titles of the books are extremely misleading in a way...but they are very good at forshadowing! In Kissed by an Angel we meet Ivy who has just transferred schools because her mom is marrying a man she has had an affiar with for years. She is very quiet and VERY into Angels. Tristian fell in love with Ivy the first time he saw her and has tried everything he can think of to make her notice him...all to no avail. But when Ivy has to overcome her fear of water a relationship blooms between the two. Unfortunatly, their romance is short lived, when a car accident takes Tristians life. Seriously that is where the first book ends...good thing I didn't have to wait for the next one :)!

I the Power of Love we see Ivy struggling to accept Tristains death and the newfound feelings she suddenly has for her stepbrother Gregory. Tristian finds himself back on earth only as an angel with a missions to fulfill before he can move on. With the help of his fellow angel Lacey, he tries to warn Ivy of the empending danger she faces. He also tries to hold onto her...while she tries to hold onto him as well. Her friends are starting to think she is crazy, and one by one it seems like everyone she loves is leaving her. Who can she trust? Suddenly Will Gregory's friend is trying to help protect Ivy...but should she trust him or not?

In Soulmates...we finally know who is after Ivy...and she has turned to Will for help and support...until one note destroys all that in a heartbeat. Will she be able to save not only herself but those she loves from what seems like an inevitable ending? If she makes it will she ever find love again, or will she always want what she can't have...Tristian?

I really liked this book. I thought it was a bit predictable, but then she would throw something at me and I would wonder...Ivy was a great character who tried so hard to keep her head up no matter what she faced. Will is the silent unsung hero and you can't help but pull for them to be together, even though you heart aches for Ivy and Tristian at the same time. There was lots of suspense and mystery...a little romance...but not much. I have to hand it Elizabeth Chandler though...this was one of the cleanest books I have read in a LONG time! There was no swearing at all and no sex what so ever...so nice and refreshing in a YA book!





I gave this book 3 apples!

1 comment:

  1. I never use photo bucket but I go to Google and click in the top left corner of the screen on "images." Then I search for the book I want and when I find the cover I want I just go to it and then right click on it and "save picture as". Google Images is great!! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete